Deciding between college and university? Here is some info to consider for each… try thinking about it compared to your own personality, learning style, and needs!
– More career-oriented, hands-on smaller classes
– More opportunities for student-teacher interaction
– Offer a range of programs, including apprenticeships, certificate programs, diplomas, and degrees
– More theory and lecture based larger classes
– Less opportunities for student-teacher interaction
– Offer 3 and 4 year undergraduate programs (a bachelor’s degree), as well as graduate programs (master’s and doctoral degrees)
There are also joint university-college programs that grant a degree and a diploma.